1. Personal Information Collected BHN collects the information submitted by healthcare professionals to provide a directory service. This information may include the name, office address, office phone, accepted insurances, specialty, and the medical school and training institutions Healthcare Provider User attended.
The purpose of this BHN service is to permit Healthcare Provider Users to upload contact, specialty, and other information about their practice in order to establish an accessible digital network of healthcare professionals. Healthcare Provider Users may provide us certain personal and practice information, such as your affiliations and work history, which we collect and publish in order to allow you to enhance your network contacts.
Personal Information Collection; Healthcare Provider User Registration
The following information is required during a Healthcare Provider User’s registration to BHN’s website: provider name, provider category, provider subspecialty, practice/hospital name, website, address, office phone number, about, education, residency (if applicable), interests/specialty, zip code, gender, type of patients served, and a profile photo.
All information that Healthcare Provider User voluntarily provides will be included in Healthcare Provider User’s publicly viewable BHN profile. The only information that will not automatically be viewable is residency, as it is not a mandatory field.
Healthcare Provider User Public Profile Upon completing the registration process, Healthcare Provider User may at any time provide additional information to your profile. Such information may include hospital affiliations, residency program, fellowships, work history, presentations, publications, educations, memberships, and board certifications. Providing additional information is optional, but this may help in providing a better understanding of you and your practice to those using the BHN directory.
All information that is either publicly available or that is provided to us voluntarily by Healthcare Provider User may be published in your publicly viewable profile.
Customer Support BHN may collect information through our website in order to, among other things, accurately categorize and respond to User inquiries and deliver appropriate service responses.
Most common web browsers today, such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, allow you to modify your settings to block cookies entirely, alert you every time they are being sent, or allow their use by only those web sites you choose. User can also delete cookies that are currently stored on your computer’s hard drive. Through the use of web logs or log files, we may also gather information such as the date, time, browser type, navigation history, and IP address of all visitors to our site(s). We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base. We may associate this information with your personal information. By visiting our sites, you accept and consent to our collection, use, and distribution of your data in compliance with the practices described in this policy.
Consent to BHN Processing Information
Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information Healthcare Provider Users have a right to access, modify, and eliminate all data on his or her profile (if emailed). If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information which you originally provided to us in our archives for record retention and documentation purposes. We take your rights seriously and encourage you to use them as you deem appropriate. You may exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com..
2. Uses of Personal Information BHN is an online directory service dedicated to connecting the community with Black healthcare providers across varying specialties. The information Healthcare Provider Users choose to provide is used to help such Healthcare Provider User describe himself or herself, including his or her practice, to potential patients and other Users of the website.
BHN Communications BHN will communicate with Users through either email or notices on BHN’s website. Our communications to you include emails which help inform Healthcare Provider Users about various features of the service. BHN may send Users promotional information unless such User has opted out of receiving such information. You can change your email and contact preferences at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or updating your profile information after having logged into our website.
Sharing Information With Third Parties BHN takes the privacy of User information very seriously and does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your private information to third parties for marketing or other purposes. We may provide data about the usage of our services with third party providers with whom we contract to help us provide our services. For example, we may work with vendors, consultants or other third parties to host and maintain our data and website properties, analyze our data, or provide marketing assistance. All contracted third parties must agree not to use your personal information and communications other than to fulfill their responsibilities to us and are bound by confidentiality agreements with regard to their use of such information. We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of our services to third parties for such purposes as we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective investors in BHN. We may segment our users by specialty, education, alumni groups, training, research, geographic location or other similar information and provide information from your public profile as part of our services and product offerings. If you would like to be excluded from the aggregated research or products based upon aggregated or segmented data and users’ activities on the site, please email email@example.com.
As part of our services, we may also share public profile information with medical leading publications and ranking bodies, such as U.S. News and World Reports to increase the visibility of our Healthcare Provider Users.
Legal Disclaimer It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, such as responses to civil or criminal subpoenas, or other requests by law enforcement personnel. We will disclose such information when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceedings, subpoena, or other legal process or request to BHN brought in any country throughout the world, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Disclosure to Others BHN may disclose Users’ personal and other provided information to a third party as part of a reorganization or a sale of substantially all of the business of BHN. Any third party to which we transfer or sell BHN’s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide us.
3. Your Choices Your Account Information Healthcare Provider User can review all of the information provided to us upon registration and any changes made thereafter. You may make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your BHN account, including your email and contact preferences, at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthcare Provider Users can also make profile changes on BHN’s website by updating his or her profile. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, BHN may, for a short period of time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
Closing Your Account Healthcare Provider User can close his/her account at any time by emailing email@example.com. If you close your BHN account, we will remove all of the information that you have provided to BHN from our publicly viewable database, as well as any private profile information that you have stored with us. We may retain certain data contributed by Healthcare Provider User if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregate, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. BHN also reserves the right to retain and continue to display any publicly available data about Healthcare Provider User. This information can be utilized by BHN in such a manner as BHN, in its sole discretion and in compliance with all relevant laws, deems appropriate.
4. Security Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. In order to secure your personal information, access to your data on BHN is password-protected. It is Healthcare Provider User’s responsibility to protect the security of his/her login information. We store your personal information securely, and use special procedures designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. Exchange of Personal Information Healthcare Provider Users may not display or exchange personal information of Patient Users on or through BHN’s website. BHN shall not be held liable for the use of any personal information Patient User provides to any Healthcare Provider User.
9. Links We may provide links to non-BHN sites. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their visitors, and we advise you to check their privacy policies.